Splash Face
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Splash Face

Don't Forget to Tell Your Friends!!

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Follow on Twitter: @BorisGolubov
Thank You to All the Members of SplashFace!!!

Game theory

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ohyeah
Private

Splash Points : 9
SplashFace Reputation : 0

Game theory Empty
PostSubject: Game theory   Game theory I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Game theory is a branch of applied mathematics that is used in the social sciences, most notably in economics, as well as in biology (particularly evolutionary biology and ecology), engineering, political science, international relations, computer science, social psychology, philosophy and management. Game theory attempts to mathematically capture behavior in strategic situations, or games, in which an individual's success in making choices depends on the choices of others (Myerson, 1991). While initially developed to analyze competitions in which one individual does better at another's expense (zero sum games), it has been expanded to treat a wide class of interactions, which are classified according to several criteria. Today, "game theory is a sort of umbrella or 'unified field' theory for the rational side of social science, where 'social' is interpreted broadly, to include human as well as non-human players (computers, animals, plants)" (Aumann 1987).

Traditional applications of game theory attempt to find equilibria in these games. In an equilibrium, each player of the game has adopted a strategy that they are unlikely to change. Many equilibrium concepts have been developed (most famously the Nash equilibrium) in an attempt to capture this idea. These equilibrium concepts are motivated differently depending on the field of application, although they often overlap or coincide. This methodology is not without criticism, and debates continue over the appropriateness of particular equilibrium concepts, the appropriateness of equilibria altogether, and the usefulness of mathematical models more generally.

neon open signs
search engine optimization
Back to top Go down
Beautifulgirl45367
Private

Splash Points : 1

Game theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game theory   Game theory I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:16 pm

HI
Back to top Go down
cherrizrgud
Private

Splash Points : 1

Game theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game theory   Game theory I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 6:41 pm

hi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game theory   Game theory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game theory
Page 1 of 1